Product visuals marketing is evolving. There is no denying the trend that has encouraged retail companies to look for alternative solutions. As sales channels grow from physical marketplaces to the digital sphere, the production process for product visuals should also leap. Marketers need to be more agile to create visuals that move the sales needle.
Digitization is the only way to address the growing number of product catalogs and a greater need to personalize visual content through creativity.
CGI/ 3D product modeling to the rescue
By embracing next-gen technologies like computer-generated imagery (CGI) and 3D visualization, retailers can start to update, refresh, and adapt product photos for infinitely personalized and dynamic customer experiences.
They can create dynamic, photorealistic visuals in a few clicks—without even needing a camera.
The benefits of CGI are obvious for retailers:
- CGI reduces costs for marketers by eliminating the need for logistical and production costs, like hiring crews for photography, moving, and even staging
- CGI saves you time by eliminating the logistical and transportation hassles
- CGI lowers the carbon footprint associated with the logistics
- CGI allows marketers to create and customize high-quality, infinitely adaptable visual content for different audiences
- CGI makes A/B testing easier to trigger more purchases
- CGI can help you deliver content across multiple platforms
- CGI creates truly immersive, truly mind-blowing e-commerce experiences
Diverse ways to engage your audience
For marketers who are only starting to explore the world of CGI product visuals or looking to enhance the effectiveness of their digital content via creative alternatives, CGI can produce a wide selection of digital assets:
- 3D model production: high-fidelity of product shape, measurements, and material
- Silo renders: immerse your products into a variety of contextual backgrounds
- 360° product spin: multiple-angle view of product details
- Background scene templates: creative sceneries for better customer experience
The need to scale
3D modeling is the biggest bottleneck for CGI: not standardized, not transparent, expensive, and very hard to scale. Today, 3D modeling is undertaken by freelancers who are artists with their stacks, processes, and post-effect. It’s an art. It is complicated to scale, not standardized, and expensive. The future of 3D lies in the ability to process large sets of assets with predictable timing, quality, and pricing.
nfinite has made it its mission to solve the scaling problem and speed up the production process. The following paragraphs may get a bit technical, but marketers need to understand the potential obstacles and how nfinite can help overcome them.
We unify the multitude of input formats to speed up production. 3D modeling requires a minimum number of inputs to achieve the desired results. Inputs can be of various formats, from CAD to photo files. nfinite has created a system to “translate” all the different inputs into a standard protocol for our 3D modelers to work on, speeding up the process
Standardization of outputs:
Human-created 3D models are not free from artistic biases. But during the scaling journey, nfinite has set out parameters for visual outputs to have a standard look and feel across the process. We are even making sure that the outputs can be future-proof when applied to new digital experiences such as the Metaverse.
AI assistance to simplify process:
With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we have developed tools and automated sub-processes in the modeling journey (think human-assistance tools in the aircraft industry) to reduce the production time significantly.
Fostering a 3D modelers & designer community
We have created a community of professional 3D modelers and designers selected, trained, tooled, and certified by nfinite to assist our clients. We encourage conversations within the community to foster new ideas and solutions for our clients.
At nfinite, we understand brands and retailers’ appetite for CGI/ 3D product visuals is growing exponentially. We can produce visuals 10 times faster than traditional methods while saving up to 90% on the visual production budget. We are the only SaaS Visual Content platform to build high-quality 3D product visuals; we can do it at scale.